Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sommerfest (EPCOT World Showcase - Germany)

There is only one reason to go to Sommerfest – the bratwurst smothered in sauerkraut and German mustard… and a German Beer. There are only two reasons to go to Sommerfest, the bratwurst in that perfect bun and an ice cold glass of the best German beer in the world… and apple strudel for desert. There are only three reasons to go to Sommerfest in the German pavilion at EPCOT – Bratwurst, Beer, and apple strudel for desert… unless you’d rather have the Black Forest Chocolate Cake… Okay, basically, you can’t go wrong eating at Sommerfest. Its like all the really good things about German food tucked into a quiet little stand underneath the glockenspiel, in the shade, and with little tables to eat at. I never miss having my bratwurst there. Ever. And you shouldn’t miss it either. Here is the menu:
Sommerfest
Germany - World Showcase - Epcot
Counter Service
Menu Date: March 2011

Entrees
Bratwurst - served with sauerkraut and roll $6.69
Frankfurter - served with sauerkraut and roll $6.59

Desserts
Authentic Hand-twisted Pretzel $4.29
Black Forest Cake Roulade $3.59
Bavarian Cheesecake $3.59
Apple Strudel - with vanilla sauce $3.59

Beverages
Radeberger Pilsner or Altenmunster Oktoberfest $7.50
served in a Souvenir Mug $10.75
Schnapps and Shots $7.25
Apfelkorn or Jagermeister
Liebfraumilch Wine $6.00
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Iced Tea, Lemonade $2.49
Bottled Water $2.50
Hot Tea or Hot Cocoa $2.09
Coffee $2.09

And here are some links you might enjoy:
Laughing Place
MiceAge
Disney Shawn
YouTube
Disney Official
SURPRISE!

3 comments:

  1. I find myself almost entirely unadventurous food-wise at Disney. So I usually eat like I do outside the park: American, Mexican and Chinese. I did try Teppan Edo and loved it, tried the Swedish place and didn't like it. So maybe I'll give the German place a try next time. Just hold the sauerkraut for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big Japanese fan - though I have tried the Yakitori House before. What I most like about the World Showcase is that you're not forced to ONLY eat in their expensive restaurants. You can have fish and chips in England, or bread and wine in France. I discovered Sommerfest after I ate at the German restaurant. I prefer Sommerfest.

    ReplyDelete