Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to the first ever Daily Dash of Disney - launched on July 17th, 2011 - which is, of course, Disneyland's birthday.

Ever since I first can remember, I've been a fan of Disneyland. How can you not be? But for me, as a young writer growing up, this was a chance to actually LIVE inside one of the great stories. Sure, Disneyland represents lots of different stories and different ideas, but at its core Disneyland is a story unto itself - a story of adventure and imagination, knowledge and wisdom, and most of all, a story of heart. In every nook and cranny and nuance, Disneyland tells this story. Before I could even contemplate such complex thoughts, I could grasp that the Disneyland story was one that I wanted to experience again and again and again.

And so, ever since I discovered books, I've been reading about Disneyland - devouring every little bit of knowledge I could find. I've read some books dozens of times to glean every last kernel of imagination from them. Disneyland's flights of fancy have bred flights of fancy of my own - as if I could squeeze the theme park dry of inspiration and soak it up. Disneyland is not the stuff of dreams, its the stuff that gives you dreams and lets your dreams take flight.


But now it's time to give some of that back. I can't wave my magic wand and whisk us all to the various Disney parks together where we can experience them at the same time, but I can do the next best thing. I can put together some thoughts and some other people's thoughts and anecdotes about various aspects of the parks so that together we can all take a mental trip to the Disney parks and soak up some of that residual magic just floating around. Maybe your dreams will be inspired by what you read here.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment